Rethinking pregnancy and self image | Chicago Western Suburbs Photography



In the past when a woman became pregnant she was at first thrilled at this new stage of life she was approaching. I remember examining my tummy during the early months anxiously looking for the first sign of my new status of mother-to-be.  Later as the months rolled by I became worried about my changing image, my attractiveness to my husband and how this pregnancy would permanently change my life.  Skin stretched like it never had before, new markings and i felt like I had lost the real me.  All of this was new and a little scary to tell the truth.  By the time I was in the last trimester all of that changed.  Now that I could actually feel the new life within me, my awareness and body sense changed into something wonderful.  I was a walking miracle and it showed.

This is true for all of the pregnant women I have had the pleasure of photographing.  This is the time when people talk about how you just glow. And you do!  Your skin become super soft and smooth, your body lines and curves lush, inviting, your hair becomes thick and shiny and your every movement is more controlled and sensual.  You are truly a goddess at this time in your life.  This is why I just love Maternity sessions.




Whether it is the mother alone or with her partner and family, I just adore being there to capture the look, the feelings and the whole aura the mother-to-be shows to everyone.  Every pregnancy is a unique time in your life and should be savored and remembered, which is what I try to do in our sessions.  So when the babies have come and life has moved on, you will always have these images to remember your time as a beautiful, sexy life-giving goddess!

- Diane Miller

0 comments:

Please your comments or compliments here.